Rotary Club Estoi Palace International is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Rotary Club Estoi Palace International may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2017
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotional activity
- Information relating to donations or payments made via our payment gateway Stripe. However we retain no information relating to payment methods or instruments such as credit cards, debit cards or bank account details.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to contact you to update you on the status of events (e.g. in the unlikely event that we have to cancel an event at the last minute.) In these circumstances we will contact you using your email address or telephone number.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about forthcoming events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will only contact you be email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your feedback.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest or links to third party web sites that provide services to Rotary Estoi Palace International (e.g. Calameo, which provides publishing services). However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by emailing us your requirements at email@example.com .
We will not sell, give away or otherwise distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under data protection laws applicable to Portugal. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Last updated: 01/11/2017